Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
There’s only one woman for Superman, the real Wonder Woman, Lois Lane. Wonder Usurper is not her. I HATE Superman/Wonder Woman AKA FAUXMANCE It is the stupidest pair ever. It's only because they have the same powers. Warrior Woman only cares for Superman's powers. She doesn't care for his human side, Clark. It doesn't even make sense. It's just to satisfy dumb male fantasy to have Wonder Warrior as a sex object. I suggest you rethink what you are representing, sexism at it's finest!
Rethink what I am representing? Anon, bullying, lying, misrepresenting and insulting others seems to be the modus operandi of whatever you’re standing for. I don’t see you fighting for female equality. All I see is bitterness, hypocrisy, and vitriol because people dare to like a fictional pairing different to you and trying to hijack our blog post to rant over our enjoyment says more about you than us. And I personally don’t appreciate you telling me what to spend my hard earn money on nor telling me how to think. I think you’re really very rude and all you seem to do is regurgitate words and incomprehensible accusations coined by a group of angry Clois shippers that frankly makes no sense to anyone who is informed/educated about female empowerment.
Once again, I feel the need to repost this for all the Lois worshipers who parrot this line of nonsense:
1. Your girl, in the Golden Age, went out of her way to screw Clark over in ways ranging from trying to get him fired to trying to drug him.
2. Your girl, in the Max Fleischer cartoons, was fond of screwing him out of assignments as often as possible.
3. Your girl, in the Kirk Alyn serials, went so far as to GET HIM FALSELY ARRESTED in order to screw him out of assignments.
4. Your girl, in Richard Donner’s version of Superman II, tried to expose him in front of the entire Daily Planet staff (no regard for his feelings or for the safety of her co-workers) and manipulated him into exposing himself by threatening his life.
5. Your girl, in the theatrical version of Superman II, openly admitted that she was too selfish and jealous to accept his life as Superman, guaranteeing they had no future together.
6. Your girl, in the Iron Age comics:
- happily exposed Perry White’s son as being mixed up with Intergang despite being warned about the public humiliation Perry would suffer, bragged about getting a Pulitzer for it, and lectured an understandably upset Perry about journalistic integrity.
- engaged in a rebound romance with the ever-so-sleazy Jeb Friedman within seconds of Superman being entombed, only breaking it off when Superman conveniently resurfaced and ultimately carrying on a flirtation/heavily implied affair with Jeb even after Clark was back in the game. (Ron Frenz, who drew some of the issues in question, confirmed Lois and Jeb were hooking up when I met him at Motor City Comic Con some years back.)
- dumping Clark for being Superman, getting with Jeb, blaming Clark (in some stories, anyway) for Jeb’s “tragic” death and refusing to marry Clark because he was Superman. (They only reason you got the marriage at all was because DC broke their contract with Lois & Clark and WB put their foot down.)
- continued being emotionally abusive to Clark on and off during their marriage, to the point of homicidal, insane jealousy over not only Wonder Woman, but ALL of Clark’s female friends and peers, publicly humiliating Lana Lang over her divorce and accusing Clark of cheating with the women in the JLA when the Cir-El Supergirl showed up.
- tried to dump Clark following “Our Worlds at War” because he tried to help stop Imperiex from wiping out Themyscira instead of babysitting her Luthor-flunky dad, who faked his death and wound up doing even worse to Clark later on. Worst of all, she did so under the pretense of going on vacation with her mother and left Clark “Dear John” messages and wrote journal entries about how much she hated him for not leaving Wonder Woman and her people to die.
- flat-out admitted to the above in Jeph Loeb’s Dracula issue, where they were both forced to admit exactly how they felt about each other (self-righteous arrogance from Lois, unresolved pain from Clark).
- gave a co-worker at a TV gig all sorts of belligerence and bad attitude for the horrible act of…trying to shut off her cell phone so it wouldn’t interfere with an interview she was conducting.
- flat-out refused to accept evidence clearing Ray Palmer of Sue Dibny’s murder in the Trinity weekly series, bashing the forensic team as incompetents and vowing to pin the crime on Ray no matter what.
- was a total rampaging bitch in Superman Returns, being unspeakably rude to a flight attendant for no reason, mouthing off at Perry White when she couldn’t get her way, treating her nice-guy fiance like a cold fish, and casually endangering the life of her son with nary a second thought.
This is your idea of “the real Wonder Woman”? Someone who redefines the word selfish on a daily basis? Someone who even comic book historians will admit has been a hostile and divisive character from the moment of her inception? Someone who, quite frankly, is a glaring example of how NOT to write a female character? She’s not likable. She’ll sacrifice anything resembling integrity on a dime if she thinks she’ll benefit from it. She’s self-involved and petty to an insane degree. If you think these are admirable and desirable qualities, that says far more about you than it does about anyone who doesn’t think Lois is God’s gift to literature.
If it’s a “fauxmance” you want, Superman/Lois is the very definition of it. I don’t find emotional abuse, implied infidelity, arrogance, backstabbing, irrational jealousy, and outsized entitlement to be romantic in the least. I don’t buy it in other franchises, and I’m sure as hell not going to accept it here. My God, even DC doesn’t buy into the idea of Lois as Superman’s one and only; all the messing around with Jeb and the marital abuse that followed was DC’s (self-defeating) way of trying to get out of having them as a couple pre-DCNU, and even as late as 2006 Paul Levitz admitted they still wanted to get rid of the marriage. So who are you trying to kid?
Stop it with the “Superman and Wonder Woman are a fauxmance” shit. You have no leg to stand on.
Page 1 of 361